Basement Waterproofing Services
The basement of your home is one of the few rooms in your house that could have the potential to be a fully finished, amazing space for you and your family to enjoy together. That is why protecting your basement from water is important. Because your basement is the one room of your home that is below ground level, it is more likely to experience water damage than any other room in your house. If you have previously experienced water seeping through your basement floor, or have had to suffer through flooded basements you may want to consider waterproofing your basement as soon as possible. The experts at Great Valley Landscape and Pool have years of experience in basement waterproofing contractors and services. We are more than happy to help you get started waterproofing your basement.
How Do You Know?
Trying to figure out if you need to waterproof your basement can be tricky, especially if you have not yet experienced any major flooding or water damages to help make the decision clear. There are often multiple warning signs signaling the need to get your basement waterproofed, but unfortunately many people do not realize that these signals are present which results in damages before they could waterproof. The team at Great Valley Landscape and Pool is happy to help you look out for early signs of water damage so we can get your basement waterproofed before you need to fix damages to your home.
The following list of questions will help you better evaluate your home and decide if you need to call the expert basement waterproofing contractors and services at Great Valley Landscape and Pool to waterproof your basement:
- Do you suddenly have an insect infestation in your basement that was not present previous to this point in time?
- Are you finding decent sized cracks in your walls or flooring?
- Are you having respiratory or allergy problems every time you spend a significant amount of time in your basement?
- Does your basement smell musty when you first walk in/
- Is the paint on your walls peeling or your wall paneling dry rotting?
- Have you discovered mold or mildew present anywhere in your basement?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then it is time you get your basement waterproofed. If you are experiencing any of the above issues, more likely than not water is making its way into your home and causing damages you are unaware of. When water makes its way into your home, it does more than just cause damages. When your home is suffering from water damages it can cause other problems that become hazardous to your health. Water damages often times mean mold and mildew, which is not good for any one to be around. If you notice water damages in your basement, don’t wait to get them fixed. Call the experts at Great Valley Landscape and Pool so that we can help you start preparing for or repairing any water damages. We want to help keep your home safe and comfortable.
There are six common types of waterproofing:
- Waterproofing Paint
- Concrete Waterproof Coatings
- Plastic Sheets and Panels
- Exterior Bituminous Coatings
- Silicate-Based Concrete Sealers
- Interior Sub Slab Drainage